Order Butt Kickin' Blacken TODAY, and take advantage of free shipping.
6. Drain the raisins, then add them plus the toasted nuts to the apple mixture. Leave the nuts and raisins on top, don't stir them in. If you stir them into the apples, they'll sink to the bottom during cooking.
Add the apple juice, then sprinkle the topping evenly across the top.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes, or, until you see the filling bubbling.
8. Now comes the hardest part, you've got to wait about 1/2 hour for the crisp to cool, but. It'll thicken while it cools, it's just real tough to wait after smelling how good it's going to taste.
9. I bet you were wondering what we were going to do with that left over rum. Whipped cream of course!
Beat the cream until fairly stiff, add the sugar and the 2 tablespoons of rum and continue beating until real stiff. It'll soften up a lot on the still hot apple crisp. this recipe for the whipped cream comes out "not real sweet" I like it this way because it compliments the sweetness of the crisp.
10. Now if you still have a little rum left over, add it to the coffee you're going to have with dessert. In all honesty, I would probably use a little more rum in the raisins than the recipe calls for. The rum picks up some sweetness from the raisins and works real well with the coffee.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these:
4 Cheese, Mac and Cheese