Baked Chicken with Applesauce
This is one of those recipes where the blacken adds flavor and not heat. Of course, it you want some bite, just use more blacken than is shown in the pictures.
It's a relatively simple main course to make, as the active time is only about 15 minutes. It goes real good on a bed of rice.
- 6 Pieces Chicken Legs and Thighs
- Butt Kickin' Blacken, Jamaican Jerk, as needed
- Kosher Salt, as needed
- 2 Large Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 Cups Applesauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Wash, then dry the chicken, and place it in an oven proof pan. Dust with the Blacken and Kosher Salt, and place in the oven.
3. Add the applesauce, and sliced apples, and dust with some additional blacken, and return to the oven.
4. Cook for another 45 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife.
5. Serve over rice with the pan sauce, baked apples, and some extra applesauce.
Feedback is GREAT!
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this recipe, or any other of my recipes you've either looked at or tried.
Just send me a note:
- Whether or not you like this recipe and why.
- How you'd like to see it different.
- Suggestions for new recipes I could post.
- Recipes you've made using Butt Kickin' Blacken.