Use this rice to accompany a main protein that you've made using citrus. The recipe uses Orange Juice, but if you've made some thing that features, Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit, Etc. change the citrus juice to reflect that. This way it will work as a flavor accompaniment to the rest of the meal.
1. Place the oil in a pot large enough to hold the finished product. Add the onion, and cook until about half done, then add the red bell pepper.
2. While this is cooking, measure out the rice into a large strainer and wash under running water to remove the excess starch. This helps in keeping the rice separate after it's cooked. Let it drain.
3. When the onion and red bell pepper are cooked, add the tumeric and Butt Kickin' Blacken, and stir well. Add the rice, stir it in until it's all coated by the tumeric, and begins to pop.
4. Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, and orange juice, and stir it up. Turn the burner to high until it boils. Stir it one last time, then turn the heat down to low, and put the lid on.
5. Don't lift the lid to try to take a peak at it for 15 minutes. Trust me, it'll cook. After 15 minutes, taste a piece to see if it's done, and look to see if it needs additional liquid. If it does, you can add some more chicken broth, but only a little bit. When it's done It should't have any "bite" to the grains of rice.
Don't stir it at all, even if you have to put more liquid into the pot. Stirring will make the rice sticky instead of being separate grains.
6. When it's done, you can gently stir it once to redistribute the onions and peppers that have risen to the surface. Keep and lid on it until service.