Great flavor, soft on the outside, and a little crispy inside. This is a surprising accompaniment to your next fancy dinner.
I've seen a lot of complicated recipes for Grilling Radicchio, and very few that were simple and easy to do. Since a lot of time goes into the main ingredient of a meal, and this is a side, I wanted something uncomplicated.
This is it. You can make a dressing up to a week or two ahead and all your doing it grilling it to serve.
1. Quarter the radicchio, leaving the root intact. Discard any leaves that fall off, or that seem tough.
2. Place the quarters into a bowl of ice water for 1 hour. This will remove some of the bitterness in the Radicchio.
3. Drain real well on Paper Towels of a clean dish towel.
4. Drizzle a little oil on one side, then place on a hot grill. Cook for about 5 minutes, until it's browned, then flip it over for another 5 minutes or so.
5. Serve warm whole, or shred or chop it to use as part or all of a salad. I used Spicy Honey / Mustard Salad Dressing for the main picture.
Feedback is GREAT!
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this recipe, or any other of my recipes you've either looked at or tried.
Just send me a note:
- Whether or not you like this recipe and why.
- How you'd like to see it different.
- Suggestions for new recipes I could post.
- Recipes you've made using Butt Kickin' Blacken.