This is a great side to go with any steak, just serve it right on top of the meat.
Although I use Port Wine in this recipe, you should be adventurous, and try other liquids and spices to flavor your onions. Just try to match any flavors that you're using in the rest of the dish.
- Sweet Vermouth
- Sweet Sherry
- Malt Vinegar
- Grand Mariniere
- Plum Wine
- 1 Large Onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butt Kickin' Blacken, Original Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Cup Ruby Port Wine
1. Melt the butter along with the oil in a Teflon fry pan. Add the onions and spices, and fry over high heat, just until the onions begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the sliced onion, blacken, pepper, salt, and port.
3. Saute on high, until the onions are almost done, and the wine is reduced, about 6 minutes. This can be done well before you're ready to serve.
4. To Serve:
Reheat over med high heat just until the onions are warm. Serve immediately.
Feedback is GREAT!
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this recipe, or any other of my recipes you've either looked at or tried.
Just send me a note:
- Whether or not you like this recipe and why.
- How you'd like to see it different.
- Suggestions for new recipes I could post.
- Recipes you've made using Butt Kickin' Blacken.