This is the first time I've cooked with the new "Jerk Style" Blacken, and I was quite surprised.
1. Melt the butter in a small pot, then add the onion, red bell pepper, and the jalapeno, if using. Cook over medium heat until soft. About 7 minutes.
2. Add the flour, and stir it in well. Turn the heat to and stand over it stirring for about 5 minutes, until the flour just starts to turn a little brown. Ta Daaa! You've just made a Roux.
3. Add the milk and chicken broth and stir well. Leave the burner on high until it starts to boil. You'll notice that as it gets hotter, the sauce will thicken up.
4. Turn the heat off, and add the cheese, a little at a time, until it's melted. Don't turn the burner back on, because the cheese will separate if it boils.
5. You can do this well ahead of time, and reheat over a low burner, or in a double boiler prior to serving it. Just don't bring it back to a boil.
6. Serve in bowls, garnished with finely mined chives and jalapeno peppers, and crumbled bacon.