This is the first time I've cooked with the new "Jerk Style" Blacken, and I was quite surprised.
1. Slice the bacon lengthwise, then chop into 1/2" pieces. Place in a 3 quart pot with a little vegetable oil, and cook over medium heat until the fat has been rendered from the bacon.
2. Melt the butter in a small pot, then add the onion, red bell pepper, and the jalapeno, if using. Cook over medium heat until soft. About 7 minutes.
3. Add the flour, and stir it in well. Turn the heat to and stand over it stirring for about 5 minutes, until the flour just starts to turn a little brown. Ta Daaa! You've just made a Roux.
4. Add the chicken broth, and stir well to blend the flour mixture (roux) into the liquid without any lumps. Drain most of the liquid from the tomatoes, and add them to the pot along with the Conch and Butt kickin' Blacken.
5. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and let simmer for about an hour. This gives time for the flavors to blend, and the Conch to cook. Taste a piece of the Conch. If it's rubbery, continue to cook until it's soft textured.