If you've come to this page as a result of a Google search, and this recipe has not answered your question. Feel free to e-mail me your specific question, to: Answers@CapnRons.Com I'll send you back an answer, within 24 hours. In most cases it will be a lot sooner.
If you like my recipes, and would like to be notified when I've posted more, you can subcsribe to my Monthly Flyer by sending an email to TheCapn@CapnRons.com.
Although I'm not a huge fan of doing too much to the super fresh fish I get. This one rocked.
The orange sauce makes this dish extremely rich, and if you're serving this with a salad and dessert, you be able to have seconds.
Any leftovers can easily be reheated in your oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
1. Prepare the wahoo by removing any skin, and the red blood strip down the center. Then, slice it into 1/2" - 5/8" slices and place in a plastic storage bag.
2. Make the marinade by whisking together the orange juice concentrate, blacken, and wine. Pour this over the wahoo, and mix it around a bit so that the wahoo is well covered. Remove as much air as you can from the bag, place it in a bowl, then in the refrigerator. This should marinade at least 30 minutes, but it will be better if you leave it for 2 hours. Any longer and you run the risk of the acid in the orange juice "cooking" the wahoo.
3. To make the Coating:
Place the slivered almonds in a heavy duty plastic bag, and crush with a meat mallet. Don't crush them too much because you DO want some larger pieces along with powder.
4. Mix the almonds along with the flour, blacken, and salt in a good sized bowl.
5. Whisk the eggs without about 1 tablespoon of water in a smaller bowl.
6. Drain the marinade into a Teflon fry pan, and reserve. Then dip the wahoo into the egg then into the crushed Almond mixture, and press the almonds into the wahoo. As they're coated, place them on a parchment lined sheet pan.
Cook in a preheated, 350 degree, oven for 20 minutes.
7. While the wahoo is cooking, make the sauce, and cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
Turn the pan to high, and reduce to marinade until it's quite thick. Add another cup of wine, and reduce again, until it's syrupy. Add the cream, stir to incorporate, turn off the heat, and stir in the butter.
8. To Serve:
Place the spaghetti noodles on a plate, coat liberally with sauce, then place the wahoo on top. At this point, you can either serve additional sauce on the side, or, drizzle some on top of the wahoo.
If you like this recipe, you might also like these: