Jerked Citrus Sauce
This is a simple sauce that goes well with seafood or chicken. Try it with different citrus, like lemon, lime, grapefruit, etc. It's works well with anything.
1. Place the orange zest, juice, wine, orange juice concentrate, lime (if using),and blacken in a fry pan Mix well, then turn the heat to high and reduce by 1/2.
- 1 Large Orange, Zest and Juice
- 1 Cup Pinot Grigio
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1 1/4 Large Lime, juiced, optional
- 1 Tablespoon Butt Kickin' Blacken, Jamaican Jerk
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
2. Strain, then place back in the pan and add the cream. Cook long enough to reduce by half again.
At this point you can set the sauce aside to finish later.
3. Re heat, if you've prepared it early, turn the heat off and add the butter. Stir until blended, rich, and shiny.
4. Serve immediately over chicken or seafood.
Jerked Orange Sauce
with Jerked Chicken Parmesan