Leftover Ham, With
As I always say, lefotvers shouldn't be considered leftovers, but should be thought of as what they, re-purposed food. In reality, you've prepped it for another meal.
South West Pepper Fried Potatoes
This one happens to be my favorite use for a leftover baked ham. It slices easily, and being cooked on top of the potatoes, it's like not cooking it at all. If you're serving a vegetable with this one, you'll probably spend more time on that than this potato recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 6 Medium Red Potatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt, divided
- 3 Teaspoons Black Pepper, divided
- 2 Teaspoons Butt Kickin' Blacken, Southwest Blend, divided
- Leftover Baked Ham
1. Place the butter and oil in a frying pan, turn to low to let it melt.
2. Slice the potatoes into 1/8" round slices, and add to the pan. Mix the potatoes up with the melted butter and oil.
3. Sprinkle the spices onto the potatoes, 1/4 Teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of the black pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the blacken. Mix this up, then add the rest, and mix it up again.
4. Cover the pan, and cook for a total of about 15 - 20 minutes, stirring every 5 - 7 minutes. If you find them burning, without getting soft, turn the heat down a bit. If they're getting soft, with no browning, turn the heat up a little. The potatoes are done, when they're soft.
5. Add ham pieces after the last stirring, and cover again. The ham will steam to re-heat. Cook another 5 minutes, and serve.
Feedback is GREAT!
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this recipe, or any other of my recipes you've either looked at or tried.
Just send me a note:
- Whether or not you like this recipe and why.
- How you'd like to see it different.
- Suggestions for new recipes I could post.
- Recipes you've made using Butt Kickin' Blacken.