By Cap'n Ron
Yield: 6 - 8 servings
This aioli and perfectly cooked shrimp rival anything you might expect to be served in New Orleans. Nothin' says New Orleans like a Poor Boy.
Aioli is nothing more than a flavored Mayonaise. However, it's how you put it together, with what ingredients is what makes it Cajun Style.
Although this one is really good, I made it out of stuff hangin' around in the refrigerator. We didn't have any Dill Pickles, or they would have been minced and added instead of some of the mayonaise.
If you really want to make this one a little hotter, you can either double up, or triple up on the Butt Kickin' Blacken.
Serve this on your favorite sandwich, burger, or it works really good as a dipping sauce.
- 1 Cup, Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup, Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon, Butt Kickin' Blacken, Original Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon, Capers, with some juice
- 2 Tablespoons, Sweet Pepper Relish
- 1/2 Large, Lemon, zest and juice
1. Make up the Aioli by just stirring all of the ingredients together. Set it aside, or cover and place in your refrigerator.
The Sour Cream is used as a thickener. Adding the Caper with Juice, the Sweet Pickle Relish, and the Lemon Juice will thin it down.
This recipe prints as a shortened version, with only 1 Picture, Ingredients, and Directions.
Be sure to check out my offer of Free Shipping.